Friday, June 3, 2011

The Doctor Visit That Wasn't

I was supposed to have an oncologist visit yesterday afternoon, but somehow it got deleted or something.  They had no appointment scheduled at all.  Now I have an appt. for the 8th.

Last week I had a PET scan and some blood work done.  Since I didn't see the oncologist yesterday they were going to have a nurse call me today with those results.  That didn't happen either and I didn't call the office until almost 4:00 and they were closed.  So, I know nothing ;)

Anyway, I'm feeling great.  I've tried many new recipes, most delicious, but some not-so-much.  I did go out to my favorite Chinese buffet last night for my birthday, but it wasn't as wonderful as it always was.  I think my tastes are changing.  I've heard that happens when you're eating raw foods for a while.

I also got to have a great conversation with a fairly new Christian lady who took my blood last week.  God just has neat blessing around every corner!

Thanks for reading and keeping up with me.  I'll post my test results when I know them.  I'll probably just wait for my visit next Wednesday.

Non doctor related news...

We had several terribly hot days, but the weather broke and yesterday and today were just perfect:  about 80 degrees and breezy!  We got to work in the garden and pull weeds in the flower bed last night.  This weekend I hope to get some mulch down.

J is trying to finish up a few cars he has to work on and then take a few weeks off from the extra work.  We have our first camping trip planned for Father's Day weekend.  I'm really looking forward to camping again!

1 comment:

Katie said...

(((((Kelly)))))

Your name is still listed at Titus Two and I saw that it was your birthday and followed the link to your blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I am sorry to hear about your cancer but praising God for your awesome attitude and trust in Him. I will be praying for you! We would love for you to stop back by T2 ... I know that the other ladies would love to pray for you too. We all don't post there quite as much as before, so many ladies are on facebook, but we still have a tight bond and share things we might not share on FB and we love to pray for one another. Hugs to you and prayers for your whole family as you walk this road God has for you (and thankfully, He will walk with you).

Katie (Momma5)