Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Colonoscopy Prep

Nothing but clear liquids today. I prepared myself by just juicing yesterday. I'm choosing cucumber/celery/apple juice over jello, kool-aid, soda, broth, etc. (All things I don't like and are no good for anyone.) 6pm I get to drink some yummy stuff!!! Will find out later today exactly what time my colonoscopy is tomorrow.

Yesterday morning while searching online for some healthy clear liquid ideas I happened to come across some articles on the dangers of colonoscopy and the (sometimes long term) after effects.  As often as I check into things before I do/take them (or give to/have done to my children), I had not even thought to look into this before.  I knew there was a risk of perforation and that could be dangerous.  The packet of information I was given didn't list ANY effects or complications other than perforation.  They make everything sound hunky dory.  I was fearful for a time after reading the things I did, but I know there's no need to fear.  God is in control and it's all for His glory! 

I'm trying to wrap up a lot of household stuff before I go back in the hospital next Thursday.  Jeff's mother will be keeping three of the children and some friends will keep the other two.  My mom will be flying in on the 26th; the day I (hopefully) get out of the hospital.  I think this arrangement is going to work out very well, though Jeff will have to do some running to drop off and pick up all the children twice (he'll bring them home for the weekend and take them back Sunday evening).  I'm glad we can at least be prepared for this hospital visit!!!


Maybe in my down time after surgery I can post some bday pics from the May & June celebrations and from our camping trips...  I don't want to just post about all this medical stuff ;)

No comments: